🌮🌮NEIPA PULLED CHICKEN TACOS🌮🌮
We asked our friend @junior.and.the.kid to put together a fun recipe and he came to play with some banging Tacos! 🌮 Check out the recipe below and let us know if you give it a go.
2-2.5 lbs Chicken (I use a mix of chicken breast and thighs)
1 can Broadhead NEIPA
3 fresh limes (juiced)
1 fresh orange (juiced)
2 shallots (finely chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp cumin
3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce (chopped)
½ cup Junior & The Kid Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce
3 Tbsp cilantro
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
Large aluminum pan or roasting pot or Dutch oven (I like the aluminum pan for easy clean-up.)
1) Add shallots, garlic, chipotle peppers with adobo, lime juice, and orange juice to aluminum pan.
2) Cut chicken into large chunks (i.e. cut chicken breasts into quarters) and add to the pan.
3) Add salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro and BBQ sauce. Mix the chicken with all the ingredients, until the chicken is completely coated.
4) Pour full can of Broadhead NEIPA into the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
5) Preheat oven (smoker/indirect on BBQ) to 325F. Place pan on the rack, in the middle of the oven. Cook for approx. 2.5 hours (ensure the chicken is at a minimum internal temperature of 165F – I tend to go a little more to let it absorb all the flavours!)
6) Remove the pan from the oven and pull the chicken, using your hands or a couple of forks. Let the shredded chicken sit in the remaining juices in the pan and cover to keep warm.
7) Use the chicken to assemble tacos with any toppings you’d like! In the picture we have topped them with pineapple slaw (pineapples, green onion, lime juice, red cabbage, salt), jalapenos, cilantro, and Junior & The Kid Pineapple Habanero BBQ Sauce (also available in the taproom!).