Built from the ground up by a couple scruffy looking locals, Broadhead serves up Ottawa’s most sought-after new brew, and we are looking to add a new Brewer to the mix.
Listed below are examples of some of the job responsibilities as a member of Broadhead’s Brew Team:
– Brewing and all related activities (from grinding malt to pitching yeast)
– Managing ingredient inventory and making orders to maintain stock
– Managing and monitoring fermenters and brights
– Monitoring quality, flavor and carbonation of serving beers
– Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of brewing equipment and brewery
– Creating brew production schedule based on inventory, forecasts and trends
– Talking with and serving retail customers
Although we’ll be providing Broadhead specific training (our equipment is DIY after all!), there are a few general requirements we’re looking for:
– Brewing experience is required (all-grain homebrewing is fine)
– Musn’t be scared of ladders, or fearful of small spaces
– Must be able to lift 25kg
– Must be capable of physical exertion throughout a 9 hour work day
– Must be available for shift work
– Must be able to take on and dish out riducule as you find your place within the team!
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested in applying for the position, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until end of day Monday, May12th.